Monday, May 4, 2009

I've tried to eliminate the many hours I waste watching bad television, and so far it's been going quite well. I like to watch House, Bones, and Grey's Anatomy. Occasionally I'll watch some TV late at night, when I cannot sleep, because apparently going to bed before 3am is never going to happen. I don't know why though. I get up for class around 8am or so, go to class form 9-11am, then come home and eat lunch, and just hang out. I try not to nap, because I know it ruins my sleep pattern. I have a Netflix subscription thing now, so give me movie suggestions, anything! I just got done watching the Savages, and it really made me sad. I don't want to grow up, and I certainly do not want my parents to age, they should just stay their same age and their same health, I would really like that. I'm reading a lot more too, since I have so much free time. I finished Maus I and Maus II last week, they were so good. It was such a different take on a story we have all heard (it's a graphic novel about a son telling his dad's story of the Holocaust). I'm reading City of Thieves now. The ladies at the bookstore highly recommended it, and so did my friend, so I am pretty excited about it. It's a humerous novel about the Holocaust, and from what I've gathered, it's loosely based on the author's grandparents' story. I have a large pile of books to read after that, so I should be set for a month or so. I'll get some suggestions later.
I finally found a job for the summer. I'm just going to be working over at school, as pretty much a secretary, misc. job for the Residence Life staff. It'll be 9am-5pm, M-F, so it'll take up a lot of time and earn me some money. There's also quite a few people staying in town for the summer, which I am so greatful for! It gives me plenty of people to potentially hang out with. Also, I think I may go see the Decemberists in August, I should check on those tickets...
Also, this summer will be amazing for movies! Finally, Harry Potter is coming out (um, more than 6 months after it was supposed to come out), the second Transformers movie is coming out, Public Enemies, Julie & Julia, Where the Wild Things Are (!!! the trailer totally hooked me, Arcade Fire! Dave Eggers! it's perfect), and plenty more! I also heard they were making a movie out of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, anyone else read that book as a child? I loved it. All the weather was food! The fog was split pea soup, giant pancakes covered the elementary school! It was a wonderful book.
I'm trying to start jogging too, a friend wanted me too, but it's been raining so much though! It's such a detterent. It's apparently supposed to get sunnier on Tuesday, so I'll try and start running some more. I want to go home and read all of my old journals, I want to laugh at how mundane and entertaining my life was. I want to learn from myself.

No comments: